Del Liechtenstein e di Roma

Deruba la banca
Colpisci la camera blindata più grande di Mosca
Deruba la banca
E poi portami a casa

Ma portami a casa
E facciamo l’amore(x8)

Placebo Quotes about ROB THE BANK

A highlight of the album is without a doubt " Rob The Bank " dar. What is behind this number?
As hard as we are no longer on this song sounded a long time. The content is in the song to less wealth than to pleasure. The guy in the song says, " . I do not care whether what I am doing , antisocial, immoral or criminal , as long as it satisfies me " to do without consideration and to do what satisfies one - the idea is something like unfortunately, I must admit .

Stefan Olsdal, Nachrichten

Your father was a banker and initially wanted, that you work in finance. Is the song 'Rob The Bank "on your new album your belated revenge for that?

No, not really. That the financial sector is in some ways a family tradition for me. But since I was about eleven, was irrefutable proof for me that I would do something in the field of art and representation. I was interested very early for acting and theater. And I soon made ​​friends with the idea to go my own way. I've learned that you have to have confidence in themselves and the courage to follow his convictions to achieve something. I think that helped me later in the context of the band. What "Rob The Bank" is concerned, the title of course leads you astray. It's in the song is not about the financial crisis ...

It could be that in lines such as "Rob the Bank of England and America, rob the bank of the Entire euro zone" thoroughly once think. But then it says yes: "But take me home Make Love." ...

Yes, actually it was me in the song about I deal with obsessive physical desire and jealousy. This also fits into the subliminal theme of the whole album. For me, the album consists of ten short stories that solely examine a topic from different angles - that has always been by far the most illuminated theme in popular songs.

Of course the love ...

Yes, and I think you can not really talk about love without talking also about obsession, jealousy and heated emotions. There are now once these feelings in relationships. And that's what the song is. The narrator says in essence, "I do not care what you do as I'm committing so many crimes as you want you can make fun of you I care about people with disabilities, you can have the worst prejudices you can behave impossible.... , being vulgar and boring in public in the nose I fuck -.. as long as you come home at the end of the day and befriedigst me and should you ever watch someone else, I'll fucking kill you one more thing. "(laughs)

Okay, I'm convinced that it's not about the financial crisis in the song ...

(laughs) No. But it is a good hook for the song. And I did it, "Liechtenstein" be placed in a text. Then I'm also really proud of.

Brian Molko, N-tv

But it must have been fun to write as the son of a banker the song ' Rob The Bank " .
This song gave me a big portion of nasty pleasure prepare ( laughs). It 's not about the financial crisis and blame the banks . Even though I 'm proud " Liechtenstein " speak almost right.

They sing " Licktenstein " .

Yes , as I said, almost right. The song is about obsession and jealousy. In the song I say " I do not care what you do. You can steal and disabled insult , but as long as you come home at night, I forgive you all. "

Brian Molko, Hamburger Morgenpost

"You can go out and exercise crime , you disgusting behavior by you insult people because of their fault you too." This can also be racist or prejudiced . You can vulgar behave when you run with wrinkled nose through the area you also in normal society . It is my shit. As long as you come home at the end of the day and make me happy , to me that is totally care. If you look at someone else and so treat me like , rather then pass on , because then I 'm going to finish ( laughs). This is simply obsessive desires.

Brian Molko, Krone.at

What’s the idea behind the track ‘Robbing the Bank’?

I understand why it’s misunderstood; a lot of people take it on face value thinking it’s about the economic crisis but the story of that which Brian had to explain to me before I could understand really. It is a list of quasi-illegal acts (like sort of criminal things like robbing the bank for example, if you do that you can get arrested) the song is basically a list of bad things and bad actions that the person is doing but the person who’s singing basically says I don’t care what you do or the kind of person you are, just as long as the end of the day you just get home and f*ck me.

Stefan Olsdal, Bandwagon

The lyrics of "Rob The Bank" seem to be an echo to"Follow The Cops Back Home". Is it deliberate?
B.M : In fact we noticed that after we've already recorded and mixed the song. Afriend told me about it the first. The theme of "Rob The Bank" is simple, but very deep. that is to say: "You can commit the most horrible things, crimes and robberies, as far as you come back home to make love to me." It has nothing to do with recession, the economic crisis and the riots that took place in England. The bank robbery is only a pretext to express a decidedly sensual desire.

RockMag July 2013

J:Has your brother listened to ‘Rob the Bank’ yet?

B: no, not yet. But that track is deceptive. It doesn’t deal with the financial crisis at all. It’s a song about obsession, jealousy…a king of carnal obsession that you feel towards someone else. There’s also a list of crimes, of disgusting things. The person in the song says ‘do whatever you want, have an appalling behaviour, I don’t care as long you make love to me as soon as you’re back home. (laughs)

J: Don’t tell you were not thinking of someone close to you in that song?

B: yes, of course… of course I was…but I found it interesting to toy with that; to write about obsession but through something that’s not directly related to it.

Pure FM

“Rob the Bank” is not about financial crisis: It’s about obsession and jealousy, very carnal, primal obsession and jealousy.

PureVolume

È un discorso metaforico per parlare di ogni tipo di crimine. Però anche qui c’entra l’amore! Il senso è che chiunque può commettere le peggio cose, ma quando torna a casa, fa l’amore con il suo compagno/a. E se non lo fa sono cazzi amari!”.

Brian Molko, Rolling Stone Italia

Rob the bank can be taken as a commentary to economy crisis but it’s only superficial meaning. It’s a song about sex after a really hard day, at least it’s how Brian explained it to me (laughs). Lyrics are about a list of things that are treated as illegal: burglary, robberies and sex.

Stefan Olsdal, Laif

Edited by - glòsòli - - 20/11/2013, 15:58

Web  Top
Hannah With The Beatles
view post Posted on 8/9/2013, 17:28     +1   -1

I testi essendo frutto del mio ascolto, possono contenere errori
e per questo non sono definitivi. Per quelli aspetteremo l'uscita dell'album :ghghgh:

Rob The Bank

Rob the bank of England and America
Rob the bank of the entire eurozone
Rob the bank of Mexico and Canada
Rob the bank, then take me home

take me home
and make love
and make love

Rob the bank, make a joke out of dislexia
Rob the bank, then pick your nose
Rob the bank, paint a picture of a swastika

but take me home
and make love
and make love

and if ever I suspect
that in your head or somewhere else
you are faking
or maybe you don't think of me at all
and if ever you conspire to woo another
I will not be forsaken
beware the very hell and all its fury
if I am scorned, scorned!

Rob the bank, in Luxemburg and Monaco
Rob the bank in Liechtenstein and Rome
Rob the bank, hit the biggest vault in moscow

but take me home
and make love
and make love

Rapinare la banca

Rapiniamo la banca di Inghilterra e America
Rapiniamo la banca dell'intera Europa
Rapiniamo la banca del Messico e del Canada
e dopo portami a casa

portami a casa
a fare l'amore,
a fare l'amore

Rapiniamo la banca
prendiamoci gioco della dislessia
poi mettiti le dita nel naso
rapiniamo la banca, disegniamo una svastica
Rapiniamo la banca, poi portami a casa

portami a casa
a fare l'amore,
a fare l'amore

E se mai dovessi sospettare
che nella tua mente o da qualsiasi altra parte
tu stai fingendo
e se mai tu dovessi conspirare
di corteggiare un altro
Io non verrò mollato
fa attenzione all'inferno e a tutta la sua furia
se io dovessi rimanere deluso

Rapiniamo la banca in Lussemburgo e Monaco
Rapiniamo la banca in Liechtenstein e Roma
rapiniamo la banca, distruggiamo la camera blindata più grande di Mosca
rapiniamo la banca, dopo portami a casa

portami a casa
a fare l'amore
a fare l'amore

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Testo tradotto da Hannah With The Beatles
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Anna Gone Troppo - 23/9/2013, 12:25

Hannah With The Beatles
view post Posted on 20/9/2013, 09:46     +1   -1

"“Rob the Bank” is not about financial crisis: It’s about obsession and jealousy, very carnal, primal obsession and jealousy."

2 replies since 14/6/2013, 12:13   904 views