Black Eyed PLACEBO Forum • Loud like Placebo version

Off-topic chat, ...for the English speakers...

« Older   Newer »
wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 22/8/2009, 13:02     +1   -1

I thought it would be a good idea to open this thread for us English speakers, or?

So, bring it on... ;P

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 23/8/2009, 14:40     +1   -1

Good thing :D

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 23/8/2009, 23:28     +1   -1

How was your weekend?

Mine was absolutely awesome! My mother, sister ,my brother-in-law and I (and friends) went to see my mothers old idols from the 60's. She hadn't seen them since back then... It felt so funny, you know, being at a concert with my mother, 'cause this band means a lot to her. She grew up with their music. And I really know what it's like being a fan of a band, haha! ;D

After the concert, my sister and I (alone) were supposed to leave. But... who do we see? "Svenne", our mothers "crush" from the band! So we went to him and asked for an autograph to our mother, and I told him she's been a fan since the beginning, you know. He was a really nice guy, so I understand why she like him so much :P

We called our mother from the car and told her about the meeting, and she was so happy! It felt good that we could help her with this signing-thing, so, after like 45 years, she finally has his autograph. :)

Oops. This was a long post. :yeah:

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 24/8/2009, 13:08     +1   -1

QUOTE (wickedandrogyne @ 24/8/2009, 00:28)
How was your weekend?

Mine was absolutely awesome! My mother, sister ,my brother-in-law and I (and friends) went to see my mothers old idols from the 60's. She hadn't seen them since back then... It felt so funny, you know, being at a concert with my mother, 'cause this band means a lot to her. She grew up with their music. And I really know what it's like being a fan of a band, haha! ;D

After the concert, my sister and I (alone) were supposed to leave. But... who do we see? "Svenne", our mothers "crush" from the band! So we went to him and asked for an autograph to our mother, and I told him she's been a fan since the beginning, you know. He was a really nice guy, so I understand why she like him so much :P

We called our mother from the car and told her about the meeting, and she was so happy! It felt good that we could help her with this signing-thing, so, after like 45 years, she finally has his autograph. :)

Oops. This was a long post. :yeah:

Ooh that's really awesome and sweet ! Seem like you had fun and it's also kewl that your mother saw them and finally got a autograph from the guy of the band.
:D

Mine was boring, my parents are in holidays nd my sister went to Paris with her boyfriend so I'm alone at home.
So yeah... I'm spending time in front of the pc drinking vodka - but not much because I have to get up early every, morning to go at work lmao

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 24/8/2009, 17:58     +1   -1

Mmm yeah, being alone sucks, unless you want to... And spending time in front of the laptop, drinking Vodka, is something I might do if I'm alone :P I had some Vodka too this weekend, ice cold! *yummy* :D And I like the fact that it's easy to make various drinks with Vodka. Once, I made a drink of Vodka and Glögg (a traditional drink in Sweden - mulled wine), but it didn't turn out that well... I guess you have to taste Glögg to know what I mean :P

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 24/8/2009, 20:15     +1   -1

Yeah in fact I didn't really wanted to go with them on holidays so my dad found me a summerjob lol.
But they come back tomorrow night.

Hahaha :P I never tried Vodka and Glogg, I should see if I can find it somewhere I never really heard about it *blush* . :lingua:

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 24/8/2009, 20:53     +1   -1

Hehe, it's understandable if you don't know "Glögg".. I think it's most popular in the Nordic countries.
Well, if you want to, you can read about it here :P

Oh, this summerjob, what kind of job is it?

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 25/8/2009, 15:21     +1   -1

Oh it's something like red warm wine eh ?

=]
I should try to mix it with Vodka and see if it taste great lol

I'm working in a pastry, it's boring and tiring too, I have to get up early every morning so yeah :(
But I'm glad it's over this saturday so I'll finally be in holiday, as I take lessons school at home :D

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 25/8/2009, 23:18     +1   -1

Haha, yeah, do that! My mix tasted like shit, haha! maybe yours will taste better. :P

Uh, I kinda know what it's like. A friend of mine had a summerjob at a barkery many years ago. She said it was one of the most boring jobs she'd ever had...

Being at home and do school stuff is good! I used to do that too at my last high school years. :)

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 20:45     +1   -1

XD
When I'll do it, I will let you know if it tasted good or shitty :P

Hah yeah I can imagine it !

Yes, I'm doing that for my 2 years of high school, I think it's better, I never really liked going to high school I always had attack panic troubles there =/

And what are you doing now ? Working or ?

:)

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 26/8/2009, 23:29     +1   -1

Haha, yeah, let me know when you've tried that mix of drinks ;)

Panic attacks.. I know what it's like. I stayed at home alot during the High School years, because of my mental illnesses...

And therefore, I can't really stand having an ordinary job. So right now are my plans to open my own website business, like a freelance job. I love making websites and Photoshopping. I have also applied for the "Pop & Rock School" (yeah, it's true, it's the name of the school!!) in Finland, 'cause I want to work within the music business too. But I unfortunately seem to have to re-apply next year, since it was some small problems with the approving, 'cause I live in Sweden...

Anyway... Music or design are my two dream jobs. :)

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 27/8/2009, 21:08     +1   -1

Sure:)

Oh *hugs* I hope you feel a little bit better now.
Design ? That's such a good idea, and good thing really it can be really interesting to do, and it's even better if you work at home so you have a lot of time and you can work without being stressed. :D

I'm studying marketing but I'm interested in it like I used to be before.
I always wanted to be a photographer, so when I'll get my final diploma in Marketing I already thought that I could try to find a job and in the same time starting to do a formation to be a photographer, I've alreday find a school for it but its also like "lessons at home" you know, its kinda expensive :/ thats why I thought to find a job before.

Btw I like talking to you *blush* hehehe

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 28/8/2009, 06:46     +1   -1

Thank you, I feel quite ok, even tho I still have my ups and downs. But atleast I have learned how to deal with it... *hugs you back*

Ah, photographer, that sounds really awesome! I have always been interested in photographing, especially portraits, artistic "odd" stuff and concert pics. And this summer I had the pleasure to see Placebo live, which resulted in loads of pics, haha!

I hope your photographer dreams come true!

And yeah, I like talking to you too, you seem to be a really cool person ;)

Beautiful Thorn
view post Posted on 28/8/2009, 15:11     +1   -1

So it's a good thing eh:).. I still can't 'control' my panic attacks :/
Ooh you too ? That's awesome
I used to take photos of my sister lol she likes to pose and all :D

"And this summer I had the pleasure to see Placebo live, which resulted in loads of pics, haha!"

Oh my god lucky you! How was the show ? ^^
I never saw them in concert but I'm going to see them in October I just can't wait

Hehehe thank you very much, you're really nice.
Mwah ^^

I hope you had a good day!
:P

wickedandrogyne
view post Posted on 30/8/2009, 00:25     +1   -1

Well, I still can't control my feelings and all the rest, you know, but I do my best. I understand you totally how it's like... So if you ever wanna talk, you can send me a PM or something.

And oh, the Placebo gig! It was the best thing I've experienced for a very long time! It was shocking (in a good way) to finally see them! I can show you the pics and vids if you want to!

So you're going to see them in October? Yay! I'm going to see them in November, 3 days before my b-day :)

Hope you're ok dear <3

31 replies since 22/8/2009, 13:02   544 views